Thursday, December 1, 2011

Done and done.


Alrighty then! Just finished my first painting of the month.  I was inspired by the great windstorm that's happening right now in Concord, along with the changing of the seasons for this one.  I used acrylic paints, a 16x20 cotton canvas,  water, a little bit of glitter and the same paintbrush for the entire piece.  Took me about 4 hours.  This is how I normally work- I get a burst of inspiration and don't walk away until I'm happy.  I do not claim to be the next Picasso, nor do I dig terribly deep to come up with my ideas... I paint because it is fun, it releases energy and I find that it makes people smile to see such lighthearted yet colorful results.  I do not have explanations for my work, nor can I give you a hidden meaning.  My husband likes to "explain" my paintings as I sit back and giggle (which most of you know), but in the long run it's simple...  I create something I think is beautiful and run with it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not dumbing my work down and making things easy on myself.  I just believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and no matter what I do (hopefully), someone will find it interesting and connect in their own way.

We'll see what tomorrow brings!
B  

No comments:

Post a Comment