Saturday, December 10, 2011

Color.


This painting cracks me up.  When I first put a brush to the canvas I usually don't have any idea of what I'm going to paint- but with this one I did.  I took a trip to Spain last year, visiting Barcelona, Madrid & Seville, which were all equally beautiful in their own way.  My favorite was Barcelona, and within Barcelona I became obsessed with La Boqueria.  One of the world's largest outdoor markets selling everything from fish to salted almonds and pigs heads.  As we were meandering through, sampling as much as possible and taking in the environment, I was stopped dead in my tracks by this particular vendor.  I love candy.  I don't just love candy, I'm passionate about candy.  My sweet tooth is well known throughout the land.  But this was different.  Never in my life had I seen such a spectacle of sugar.  It made me incredibly giddy and the photo I took still captures people's attention as it is the background on my iphone menu.  Folks see it and say, "omigod what IS that?"  I just respond, "my idea of heaven."  SO I give you a healthy dose of color today.  My painting does not reflect the sheer magnitude of awesome that the candy stand did, but you get the idea.  Just *try* to keep from smiling.  I know I can't.

Be well and happy,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment