Monday, April 30, 2012

A tasty change of pace..

Hello friends! It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm back and doing better than ever. Let's see, where to begin... I haven't come up with any new paintings for the last few weeks, but I *have* been working on a new project. I'm writing and illustrating a cookbook for young people!! I came up with the idea because I just recently realized that I cook. A lot. Every single day. Along with one of my drawings or paintings for each recipe, I figure hey, why not? The recipes are very simple and easy to follow but the food is delicious. With the freedom of not working, I've become obsessed with finding things to do that I never had time to do before (you all know that), so I've been cooking every day and loving it. My parents just recently bought me a gorgeous cherry red cruiser bike for my birthday, complete with basket and bell, so I've been trucking down to the farmer's market each Tuesday to pick up the freshest foods possible. In fact, I've dubbed May "Fresh Food Only Month" in my house. The hubby and I will be skipping all processed foods for the entire month of May, relying on my epicurean skills to survive and remain nourished. Fun stuff! I look forward to the challenge of food shopping, prep, cooking and saving only farm fresh foods this month. I love farmer's markets, and the reality is, it is SO much cheaper to buy your produce and meats at these types of events. Plus, the people selling their goods are lovely to chat with if you get the chance, which is a nice change of pace from the sickly lit, mostly overpriced, overcrowded and understaffed grocery stores.  And, some of you may argue, the food is just BETTER.  I firmly believe that.  Maybe I should call it "Homemade May"? Only fresh fruits, veggies, meats, cheeses, breads, locally farmed flowers, honey and hand made treats.  Sounds like plan to me.

Let's eat!!
B

My next entry will list all sorts of yummy, locally grown and produced goods so check it out!

1 comment: