Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hello Spring.


I think it's pretty hard to deny that sweet spring is approaching fast.  I spent this morning at the pool, getting my daily dose of vitamin D and chlorine up the nose, all the while elated that the sun was shining so bright and beautifully, not a cloud on the horizon.  My walk along the levy was powdered with pollen and swarms of bees, cherry trees blooming, birds chattering away sitting perched on the branches of wild lemon bushes. This is by far my favorite time of year.

When I arrived back home after my trek, I stood in the center of my cul-de-sac and chatted with one of my dear neighbors about the latest news on our street.  At one point, our conversation came to a lull and we both remained quiet for a spell until she aptly proclaimed, "ah... the sun feels so good."  I agreed.  It was like both of us had fallen into a standing catnap, mid sentence and could not pull ourselves away from the wonderful warmth.  I had more errands to run, so I excused myself and set out on grocery shopping trip for tonight's meal and a special treat for the hubbs coworkers tomorrow-- both good excuses to open all of the windows of my house, including the skylight, to let the fresh spring air pass through.

On this bright, lively Tuesday in February, I'll be baking banana bread for the masses first, and later for dinner, I'll be creating a homemade flatbread brushed with olive oil & garlic and then topped with fresh arugula, goat cheese and prosciutto.  I'll definitely be sure to post the recipe tomorrow for all to share.

Enjoy the weather out there, it's gorgeous.  Here are few pics taken today around our homestead...

A is for Agave, the wild one recently unearthed in our front yard.

B is for bee, swarms of them covering the several rosemary shrubs along our driveway.

C is for crocus, the tiny flowers under our red bud tree that I protect with clay pots at night.

D is for daffodil, baby blooms near our oldest heirloom roses in the backyard.

E is for elusive, these 80 year old fragile frost roses bloom only once a year at the end of our driveway. 

F is for foolish, for me to tackle cleaning the tool shed alone.  It's a good thing I don't mind large spiders.

G is for grateful, that I live in and love this home and that I have this porch to sit on and write.

Be well friends, 
B



No comments:

Post a Comment