Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend.



Just a little "hello friends!" note...

This Labor Day has been a little different for us around here- no BBQ's, no weekend trips, a relatively mellow three days that both the hubbs and I have been greatly taking advantage of.  We have several very busy next couple of weeks coming up, so the down time was appreciated, giving us both the chance to catch up on errands, relax and remain virtually stress-free for a change.  Sometimes it's nice to not overbook with activities, and I think most will agree, it's also nice to spend quiet time with loved ones whenever scheduling permits. 

My urban adventuring begins this week by staying in San Francisco, and it spills over into next week's big NYC trip- I'm so excited to be visiting New York again, I can hardly contain myself.  The food! I can't wait to explore all of the places I've been reading about since my last visit, almost 8 years ago.  What a treat.  There will be plenty of fantastic stories to share with you all this month- I'm very much looking forward to it. 

Speaking of treats, we're wrapping up our holiday weekend here with a pretty fabulous dinner.  We stopped by the market to pick up a few things and decided that we were both in the mood for a nice fresh fish supper...  I'm serving a buffalo mozzarella caprese salad, corn crusted tilapia with sauteed brussel sprouts and roasted new potatoes seasoned with simple herbs de Provence.  For dessert, we're having watermelon sorbet with infused with honey, sweet wine and a dark chocolate shaving or two- a nice, cool, summery nibble.

I've got plenty of reviews and stories to share with you all this week, so stay tuned and check back soon!  I'm running around like a wild child these days trying to get caught up.

**Reminder**
Coming up this is Brasserie S&P's and Hirsch Vineyards "Prelation" Pinot Noir launch, so don't forget to RSVP and join us at the Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco on Thursday evening.  See you there!!

Be well, eat well,
B
 

No comments:

Post a Comment